- Competency Learning – the Next Big Thing? In a recent article published by the New York Times, Anya Kamenetz writes about how schools, especially colleges, are now judging students’ educational success based “on what you can do, not how long you went”. This approach is much like Fusion’s Mastery Learning Program, which ensures that students aren’t just coming to class – they’re [...]
- Childhood Narcissism and ADHD-Like Behavior Dr. Enrico Gnaulati explains how ordinary childhood narcissistic behavior can be mistaken for symptoms of ADHD and other disorders.
- Fusion Warner Center’s Middle School Expansion To accommodate its growing middle school population, Fusion’s Warner Center campus has just officially separated its middle school from its high school.
- Unwrapping the Gifts of ADHD As the months are getting colder and the seasons are changing, school is in full swing. Our students are soaking up fresh knowledge each and every day, and just because we parents and educators aren’t desk-sitters anymore doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be learning too! Fusion is thrilled to host two informative presentations coming up in [...]
- College Guidance for Parents Dr. Iris Berkley, founder of CollegeBound Academic Services, offers college guidance for course selection, the admissions process, and testing.
In a recent article published by the New York Times, Anya Kamenetz writes about how schools, especially colleges, are now judging students’ educational success based “on what you can do, not how long you went”. This approach is much like Fusion’s Mastery Learning Program, which ensures that students aren’t just coming to class – they’re [...]Posted Nov. 04 in Education News, Featured 0 comments read more
Dr. Edward Hallowell is a child and adult psychiatrist, a NY Times bestselling author, a world-renowned speaker, and a leading authority in the field of ADHD. He does an amazing job of both striving to understand the problems with traditional education for struggling students and describing the emotional damage that can result in the minds of [...]Posted Nov. 21 in Education News 0 comments read more
Contributed by: Kimberley Palmiotto Kimberley Palmiotto, has over 20 years of experience in education. This experience includes teaching, counseling, and psychological assessment and intervention with children in preschool through college. http://www.coastaleducationalservices.com Yep Folks…it is about that time of year…the kids are savoring the last days of Summer before heading back to school. Personally this is always [...]Posted Aug. 26 in Education News 0 comments read more
Why do so many schools start before 8:00am? Could later start times help improve performance and make students happier and healthier?Posted Aug. 19 in Education News 0 comments read more
Join Fusion Huntington Beach’s fabulous math teacher, Michelle this summer for a math camp that will help us explore math like never before! We will use fun activities and food to break down different equations and concepts from Algebra and Geometry, which will make them easier to understand and remember. If you would like to get a [...]Posted Apr. 11 in Huntington Beach, Tutoring 0 comments read more